Code Can Be Intimidating

Learning to code was pretty intimidating at first. I got my first real introduction to it freshmen year when we were programming the Boe Bot, learning C++ and MatLab. I didn't do well in CS114 last semester. We didn't really do much coding in the classroom and wasn't a fan of the professor teaching it either. Most of the time I had to go learn Java on my own and if it wasn't for the tutor I'd probably would've just drop the class all together. The year is different though. On day one we started coding and even in the web design course we jumped right into it. Learning by doing is how I learn best. I'm hoping to use Java when I start messing around with making Android apps, but for now I trying get into iOS. One thing I love about coding is making cool stuff. Really looking forward to seeing how all this plays out and hopefully my understanding of Java will be much better than before as well as my grade.


Comments